To help you gauge how useful hose reels may be for you and your business, we’ve compiled this handy and concise piece below answering some of the most frequently asked questions.
How can hose reels improve health and safety?
- As 50% of workplace accidents happen because of tripping, reels will help to stop any dangling hoses.
- Reels also aid in preventing abrasions and general wear and tear over time.
- Depending on the supplier, they will be built to the highest quality and so that they meet regulations.
Is it true that hose reels can improve efficiency?
- By simplifying the handling and storage of hoses, your work environment becomes much more streamlined.
- Reels are renowned for being able to prevent leakage.
- They are extremely space efficient, making it far easier for you to store them when they’re not in use.
- Premium versions will outweigh their extra cost and serve you well for years.
What do I need to look out for in my hose reel?
There are various types of reels which all differ in size, function and adaptability to certain conditions of your work area, depending on the size of your operations.
Spring retractable hose reels
This variety of reel is the most common as they can retract the hose with a simple mechanism and can come in a plethora of varieties. They are ideal for small to medium sized hoses and can be locked in place while working so as to not cause difficulties.
Manual rewind hose reels
Ideal for longer length hoses, this form of reel is typically cranked to retract the hose.
Power rewind reels
Suited for extremely long hoses, this type is found prominently in heavy duty applications and process via motors.
How are they constructed?
They are made by specialists who will build them out of only the most durable materials, including stainless steel and polypropylene.
In what applications can they be used?
Essentially any that requires water, hot water, steam, jet washing, compressed air, diesel, hydraulic fluids, grease, oil and many more as they are so diverse.
Where can I find hose reels?
You can choose from a wide range of different reels and correspond with the specialists who can guide you through each individual step. Contact Buckley Industrial for all your hose needs today.